Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


Welcome 2007!! We returned from Michigan yesterday -- after a very eventful holiday! A 5 month old with an ear infection and 6 adults and 1 kid with the stomach flu led to a Christmas never to be forgotten. But I had fun and it was great to have all of us in one place for an entire week (but we missed you, Matt!).

Miss Sarah had a good time. She went roller skating, swimming, arcading and movie-ing. It's hard to get bored in a house full of adults when you are the only kid (and there's only one baby to compete with).

I only got 2 knitted gifts completed. And I forgot to take a picture of the very colorful ruffled scarf I made for my sister. My vow this year is to begin today knitting for next Christmas! After I finish a scarf and mittens as a birthday gift for the OTHER sister!

The picture is of the two different Winter Wonderland stockings for the Campbells hanging on their mantle in KC. I'll be doing another one of those as well as Baby #2 decided to be a boy (Benjamin born Dec 14) and his dad would prefer he didn't have pink in his stocking! The goal is to use the stash to create a more "manly" look. I got too busy and didn't do the dangles.... I think maybe Noah will be the only Campbell with those.

I'm joining a nativity knit-along for the year. 1 piece per month will get me a knitted Nativity next December to add to my growing collection (I currently own 11 nativity scenes/sets).

Pictures of the scarf and mittens to come....
Happy New Year!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: