Sunday, February 18, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am just getting in to the "better" yarns and love it! Noro is on my list to buy (Oh the COLOR!). I'm thinking of trying out cotton b/c I live in the desert and it would seem the cotton blends would be better for socks/sweaters. The only thing I hate is novelty yarn (despite the plethora of fun fur for the hedgehog frenzy)!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

You are supposed to store them in something?!?! (ha ha) Right now they are just thrown in to one of the many bags I use! Really, it's a mess. I really want the KnitPicks options or the pink Denise Interchangeables.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting since the fall of 2004, but took a break during my pregnancy from Nov 05-August 06. I am self-taught, mostly, with a few lessons from my LYS. I consider myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do! Amazon is on the sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Depends on what it's for -- candles are pumpkin/peach/melon; lotions cherry/melons; love to smell fresh roses and lilacs! Oh and eucalyptus!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Chocolate!! I love cupcakes, anything with cupcakes on it!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

My other creative outlet is cooking, but I REALLY want to learn to spin!! I am also planning to start dyeing.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Hmmm... my husband is a professional musician, and yet I rarely listen to music! But I am open to anything -- I detest rap, though! When I listen to music it's mostly songs from my church, Lincoln Brewster or Matt Redman. I do have my beloved Pink iPod, but I mostly listen to podcasts on it.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I LOVE ALL HUES OF PURPLE! I am also a pink person. Can't think of anything I can't stand. I just love bright (not neon) colors!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married and have 2 daughters -- one 7 months and the other is 7 years. We share custody across the U.S. of the oldest and we miss her a lot! I have 2 gray kitties, Felix and Violet. We just took in 2 of my husband's students to live with us (it's a really long story but they were basically homeless) so we are now a "family" of 6!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I live in the desert so rarely, but we do use them for a few weeks a year! I like to knit them for our friends and family in New York and Michigan, though! I think about doing a lace shawl as that may be a bit more appropriate for my climate.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love knitting toys at the moment! I am working on the FiberTrends Hedgehogs right now and am involved in a Nativity Knit Along (using Sirdar/Alan Dart's pattern). I want to get in to socks and I need to do a sweater!! I'm just scared to knit anything that has to fit someone!! I'd also like to Log Cabin and do the Noro "Lizard" blanket on Knitty.

13. What are you knitting right now?

The hedgehogs (above)... the Nativity (above) and that's it, really. I just finished the Sushi Wallet -- my first felting! I love anything to do with sushi!!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

They are the best kind of gifts to get!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I am an Addi Turbo girl to boot. I'd love to try the KnitPicks aluminum circulars, though. I usually do everything on circular just b/c it makes more sense (to me) to just buy the circulars (as you can straight knit on them as well). But I'm trying to convince myself to get the KnitPicks Options or Denise Interchangeables.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

My husband! Ha ha Other than that, no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

FiberTrend clogs that I started in November 2005 (and then I got pregnant and sick) and now I can't figure out where I am in the pattern (with the 2nd clog 99.9% done!!). Trying not to have to frog it!

18. What is your favorite holiday?

I LOVE ALL HOLIDAYS!! My goal is to find 1 holiday each month and decorate and celebrate it! If I had to choose one... I'd say birthdays!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

I collect nativities/creches. I currently have 12 of them and the more creative, the better! I have one that is a tea set!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'd love to try the "good" yarn out there. Cascade 220 is the farthest I've made it. I'd also like a pair of Brittany straight needles (because they are so pretty!). Books -- Big Girl Knits and really just ANYTHING with knitting (I have very few books). I have SnB and Itty Bitty Hats. I love magazines and I'd like the spinning magazine (that I can't think of right now).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to learn socks, cables and lace.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I want to be!! I'm just intimidated by that small yarn and I only have 1 pair of size 2 needles that are in use with the nativity knit along. I do know how to do them using the Magic Loop -- just haven't done a set yet!

My feet just got BIG after my pregnancy. I'm in a US women's 10.5 WIDE.


23. When is your birthday?

September 17 (and 17 is my family's "number"!)
SP10 QuestionnaireSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: